There are so many games released every year, especially those that offer competitive genres like MOBA for example. However, there are still old names that still survive because of the myriad communities spread all over the world. He is the League of Legends who has finally officially shared details regarding the 2023 season which will start soon.
Riot Games kicked off the start of Season 2023 in one of the world’s most popular MOBAs with a video showing what’s coming in League of Legends and LoL Esports. This event serves as the start of the League of Legends Ranked and tournament season for both casual and professional players, and also serves as a moment for updates regarding upcoming content for the year.
The League of Legends team discussed Ahri ASU (Art and Sustainability Update), Aurelion Sol CGU (Comprehensive Gameplay Update), Mid-Year Ranked Reset, Champion 2023 roadmap, and more. Additionally, LoL Esports previously announced a new competitive event, Season Kickoff, to celebrate the start of Season 2023, which will kick off January 10.
Season 2023 Begins!
As a new season, Riot Games immediately announced the various rewards that players can get in Seaon 2023 later. Give full details:
- 2 Hectech Chest dan Keys.
- 6 Icon: Precision, Domination, Sorcery, Resolve, Inspiration, Rune Book
- 3,000 Blue Essence
- 8 Champions Shards: Yasuo, Zed, Sejuani, Pantheon, Wukong, Aatrox, Yorick, Katrina
- Icon Season Season 2023 Kickoff
- Skin Mark Maker Ward
The presence of ASU’s Ahri
Riot Games has also shared lots of new artwork about Ahri ASU (Art & Sustainability Update). They have overhauled the character’s visuals very drastically, starting from the base, skins, VFX, splashes, all the types of nine tails they have. Further updates will be announced soon.
Aurelion Sol Gets a Makeover
Aurelion Sol will be getting a “Comprehensive Gameplay Update” in patch 13.3 this February. He will have new abilities to accompany the new splash art, model, and voice line. The following details some of the skills he has after being overhauled later.
- Passive – Cosmic Creator: Aurelion Sol has the ability to give Stardust, permanently increasing the effect of his skills. The bonuses for each skill are listed in their respective sections.
- Q – Breath of Light: Channels in the direction of the cursor for a few seconds, damages the first enemy hit and splashes less damage to nearby enemies. Every time an enemy takes 1 second cumulative channel, Breath of Light deals an additional burst of damage. Breath of Light deals increased damage to champions and their range increases with Aurelion Sol’s level. Stardust increases burst damage.
- W – Astral Flight: Aurelion Sol flies towards the target location, the enemy can still see him when he flies. Aurelion Sol can cast other skills while flying. During this time, Breath of Light has no cooldown or maximum channel duration and deals increased damage. Astral Flight’s remaining cooldown is reduced each time an enemy champion is killed by Aurelion Sol. Stardust increases its flight range.
- E – Singularity: Summons a black hole for a few seconds, dealing damage to enemies and slowly pulling them towards the center. The Singularity grants Stardust per second for every enemy champion in it. The center of the black hole executes enemies below a percentage of their maximum health, awarding Stardust based on the type of enemy executed. Stardust increases the size of the Singularity (including the middle zone) and execution threshold.
- R: Falling Star / The Skies Descend: Crashes a star into the earth, dealing magic damage and stuns the enemy it hits. Falling Star grants Stardust for every enemy champion it hits. Stardust increases the size of Falling Star. Collecting 75 Stardust turns the next Falling Star Aurelion Sol into The Skies Descend.
- The Skies Descend: Summons a giant star descending from the sky, significantly increasing the size of the damage zone, increasing the damage dealt, and knocking back opponents. A massive shockwave spread out from the edge of the impact zone, damaging and slowing the affected champion. Stardust increases the size of its zone.
In addition, Riot Games has also released various new artwork for Aurelion Sol. It should be emphasized that this new capability will only be implemented in Patch 13.3 in February.
Season 2023 Skins
Riot Games confirmed that characters like Kalista, Aurelion Sol, Ivern, and Kled will get skills. Apart from that, there will be “themed skins” in 2023, among which the Fearie Realms skinline and also Cats vs Dogs have been confirmed.
Not only that, Riot Games also confirmed the first event at the beginning of the year where there were lots of interesting skins for events such as Lunar Gods and Mythmakers in Patch 13.1 and 13.2.
- Lunar Empress Ashe
- Lunar Guardian Kha’Zix
- Lunar Empress Qiyana
- Lunar Guardian Malphite
- Lunar Emperor Thresh
- Mythmaker Galio
- We are mythmakers
- Mythmaker Irelia (Legendary)
- Mythmaker Sivir
- Mythmaker Office
- Prestige Mythmaker Sivir
- Prestige Porcelain Lissandra
Ranked di Season 2023
Starting this year, two Ranked Splits will have a Ranked Reset in between, with appropriate rewards, in an effort to bring League into line with modern expectations and to address the pain points around pressure to avoid rot or a mid-year demotion.
- Ranked Reset: When Split 2 season Ranked begins, the reset won’t be as severe as it was in January given that the game won’t change dramatically enough to warrant players getting their ranking back at the same level. The Mid-Year Reset will also be less significant if players haven’t played many games since January.
- Rewards: Players can now earn ranked rewards every Ranked Split, including Ranked icons & emotes, Ranked borders, and Ranked skins. This means that there will be two skins for this year’s Ranking, as well as several additional prizes to boost the push rank spirit.
Various Events To Welcome The Beginning Of The Season
From January 10-11, the LCS, LEC, LCK, LPL, LJL, CBLOL, LLA, PCS, and VCS will be hosting a special event broadcast over two days to preview season 2023 and highlight the must-watch players this year, giving fans first look at the 2023 Season on the Rift, and a sneak peek at what’s in store for LoL Esports in 2023.
All pro teams in each of the nine leagues will send players to compete in the Kickoff event. It’s up to each region to determine how the teams are structured, so you might see different methods in LCS versus PCS. The game would be best-of-3 in Summoner’s Rift. Every pro team represented on the winning team will be able to create emotes.
The Kickoff Event will replace the League of Legends All-Star Event. Although the All-Stars have provided players and fans countless special moments over the years, the current calendar can be challenging for many All-Star players. Replacing All-Stars with the Season Kickoff event provides a much-deserved break for pro players and an exciting new platform for fans.
Hi, its Martin, I am a gamer and a writer. I love exploring games of varied genres and writing blogs about them.