How to put music on Instagram stories, the easiest way to do it
A couple of months ago it was announced that finally, and after much asking, Instagram will have a filter against nudity, avoiding once and for all that you receive private messages with unsolicited explicit photos. A feature that is totally appreciated.
Like Facebook and WhatsApp, Instagram is part of Meta, Mark Zuckerberg’s company that constantly seeks to reinvent itself by adding features and improving others that were already there. We told you before how to put music in your WhatsApp statuses, but now we are going to show you how to put music in your Instagram stories.
What are Instagram stories and how do they work?
Just like WhatsApp statuses and Facebook stories, Instagram stories work in a similar way: they are posts with a duration of 15 seconds where you can get really creative by inserting photos, videos, text, gifs, etc. Each story is displayed for 24 hours, after which time the publication will disappear automatically.
How to put music in Instagram stories
It is very simple to put music in your stories, it is practically the same as putting music in Facebook stories, but if you still do not know how to do it, then you must follow the following steps:
- Open the Instagram app and on the main page slide the screen to the right to display the different options for uploading content.
- Then choose, between taking a photo or video, uploading a photo you have in your gallery or creating a post from text. In this case we choose the publication.
- Now click on the “Stickers” icon at the top center of the screen to open the stickers menu.
- You will be able to see various sticker options such as location, questions, gifs, polls, etc. In this case select the “Music” option.
- Now look for a song you like in the list and select it to add it to your storie.
- In the song editing screen you can choose the duration, the color, if you want to show the album cover, or the lyrics of the song, click on the word “Done” to finish editing.
- Once you finish editing the music you want to put in your storie, you can still choose from more options to give it a better look by adding text, gifs, tags, etc. Finally click on the “Your story” button to publish it.
And that’s it, you can easily add music to your Instagram stories to make them more eye-catching and give them a unique touch. Remember that Instagram stories, just like Facebook stories and WhatsApp statuses, only last 24 hours. If you delete them before then you will no longer be able to see them, instead you can send them to the stories archive and then share them again, using the same method as on Facebook if you decide to do so.
As a dedicated editor for Global Web Wire, I bring a wealth of expertise to my role in covering technology, gadgets and social media trends. Since September 2022, I have been committed to producing well-researched and thought-provoking articles and reports in these areas, leveraging my in-depth knowledge and passion for these subjects to deliver insightful and valuable content to our readers. Whether exploring the latest advancements in technology or delving into the social media landscape, I approach each topic with the goal of providing a nuanced and well-rounded perspective that engages and informs.