WhatsApp Plus is an unofficial application that provides the instant communication service like the original app, but with certain improvements and benefits. In this article, we will teach you what WhatsApp+ is for, how to download, install, update, or uninstall it on your phone, as well as its most notable features, advantages and disadvantages, and the risks of using it.
What is WhatsApp Plus used for?
WhatsApp+ is a WhatsApp MOD, therefore, it is designed to offer the same functions of the original app, together with a series of additional features that are not in WhatsApp. Therefore, in addition to being able to send messages and make calls or video calls, it is possible to customize the appearance, freeze the last connection time and send larger files.
How to download WhatsApp+?
To download WhatsApp Plus Blue, you have to go to unofficial sites, since it is not available on Google Play or the App Store because it is considered a modified application. That is why, at the top of this text, a download button is provided from which it is possible to obtain this app as an .apk file completely free of charge and virus-free.
How to install WhatsApp Plus on Android?
Installing WhatsApp Plus as an APK file can only be run on Android devices by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Applications > Chrome > Install app. unknown.
- Turn on the “Allow from this source” flag.
- Uninstall the original version of WhatsApp by going to Settings > Applications > WhatsApp > Uninstall.
- Note: It is recommended to make a backup of WhatsApp before uninstalling the official version
- Find and run the WhatsApp+ APK in the corresponding download folder on the device.
- Press “Install” when necessary.
Note: this app is supported by versions equal to or higher than Android 4.4.
It is important to clarify that the titles within the options menu may be different on each device, depending on the version of the Operating System or its structure. Therefore, if it is difficult to access the required path, it is possible to use the search option found at the top of the general settings menu of the cell phone.
How to update WhatsApp Plus to the latest version available?
If you want to update the original WhatsApp Plus to the latest version available in 2023, you need to combine the WhatsApp+ download and installation process. The first step to do this is to click the download button at the top to download the latest update. Then run the installation process required for APK format files.
During the process, the system will detect that an application with the same name already exists on the device, so it will request authorization to continue with the installation. In this case, you must press “Update” or “Install”, depending on what is displayed on the device screen. It is important to clarify that the data and files stored will remain unchanged.
Note: There is no need to uninstall the old version as the new WhatsApp Plus apk will replace the existing one automatically.
How to uninstall WhatsApp+?
If you are not satisfied with WhatsApp Plus and want to uninstall the application, you can do so by following the path Settings> Applications> WhatsApp Plus> Uninstall and confirm the action when necessary. In the same way, it can be achieved by long-pressing on the app icon and dragging it to the “Delete” or “Uninstall” button, depending on the Operating System.
It is worth noting that some devices do not show a button at the top, but rather a drop-down menu when the icon is pressed for several seconds. If this turns out to be the case, just choose the appropriate option from the list and wait while the uninstall completes. Also, it is recommended to delete any remaining WhatsApp+ folder on the cell phone.
Why can’t WhatsApp Plus be installed?
WhatsApp+ carries the same package name as the official Meta client, which makes the two apps incompatible with each other. In other words, in order to download and install WhatsApp Plus on an Android terminal, you have to uninstall the original application. In this way it is possible to carry out the installation of the APK of this MOD.
It is important to clarify that, with the constant updates of Android, it is possible that some devices allow WhatsApp + and WhatsApp to be installed on the same device. However, this is not something that is recommended, as it could bring consequences to the user, such as banning their account.
WhatsApp Plus Features
The most outstanding feature of WhatsApp Plus is the possibility of completely changing the appearance of the application, as well as the blue logo with which it differs from the official app. However, it also has another series of attributes, such as those described below.
Longest list of emojis
WhatsApp Plus incorporates, in addition to the already known emojis, another series of super fun emoticons to send to contacts. However, it is necessary to clarify that for the other user to be able to view them, they must also have the modified version of WhatsApp, otherwise it will not be possible to see them in the chat.
Cancellation of messages without the other user knowing
Unlike the official app, WhatsApp+ has a feature or function that allows you to delete or cancel messages in the chat without the other person finding out.
Send images without losing quality
Sending images in this WhatsApp MOD is not conditioned, so you can send files in image format (JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.) without losing quality. That is, they retain their original size and weight, which is not possible in the official app.
WhatsApp Plus has security improvements that allow you to hide information such as the status “Online”, “Writing” or “Recording an audio”. Likewise, the last hour of connection can be frozen, so that the user can be completely online without anyone else knowing.
Send large files
WhatsApp Plus allows you to send large files (up to 50 GB), as long as compression is configured manually within the app. This is very useful, as it makes it easy to send videos quickly, lightly and without affecting the visibility or quality of the content.
This WhatsApp Plus feature allows you to block conversations, instead of contacts. With it, it is possible to restrict the reception of messages from any desired contact, preventing the other person from knowing that the message was received.
Hide the blue ticks
WhatsApp Plus allows you to hide the blue ticks, deactivate the second received message tick or activate them only when the message is answered. Achieving in this way, staying online or even reading the chats without activating the read confirmation and without this also applying to itself, that is, the person can know when their messages are read, as long as this is available.
This WhatsApp MOD allows you to lock the application with a PIN, Pattern, fingerprint or password. In addition, a security question can be added as additional protection to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the stored content.
It offers more than 4,000 themes to download and customize the application for free. In addition, it has a DIY store where you can create your own themes, either to use on WhatsApp+ personally or share them with other users of the platform.
They allow you to customize almost any detail of WhatsApp Plus, such as the style of the blue ticks, the type of app icon, the preset font, the design of the tabs, the colors, among others. In addition, it incorporates more than 20 different designs to customize the screen of calls or video calls made in the app.
The “DND” (Do Not Disturb) or “Do Not Disturb” mode allows you to disable notifications in WhatsApp Plus, both for calls and messages. Since it activates an “Offline” mode (offline) exclusively for this application that prevents the entry of new messages until it is deactivated.
Increased ability to send files
In addition to supporting the sending of larger files, without losing their original quality, with WhatsApp Plus it is possible to share more than 30 images, videos, documents, etc., at the same time.
Other features or functions of WhatsApp Plus
In addition to everything mentioned, WhatsApp+ also allows you to recover deleted photos, schedule messages, and view statuses after the established 24 hours. Similarly, it integrates a feed store and the option to view deleted messages, as well as decide who can call or block specific conversations, if desired.
Differences between WhatsApp Plus and WhatsApp
There are a number of details that can be taken into account to easily differentiate WhatsApp Plus from WhatsApp. Some of them are mentioned below:
Personalization: WhatsApp+ allows you to modify any detail in the appearance of the application. On the other hand, the official version only allows you to make certain basic changes, such as the chat wallpaper or personalized notifications.
Operation: WhatsApp is an application that offers somewhat limited functions, since it restricts the use of certain tools to users. Meanwhile, WhatsApp Plus offers privacy, security, and personalization enhancements that give you access to a wide list of useful features for every individual.
Security: the official Meta client has end-to-end encryption to guarantee the protection of each user’s information. While, WhatsApp Plus does not offer a guarantee that the data shared through the platform does not end up on external servers, being manipulated by third parties.
Privacy: with WhatsApp you can hide the connection time, but doing so also blocks the display of this information to other people. On the other hand, WhatsApp + allows you to hide details of this type, without affecting yourself.
Compatibility: WhatsApp Plus is an application that can only be installed on Android devices, starting with version 4.4. Instead, WhatsApp is multiplatform, so it is available for Android, iOS, macOS, Windows and KaiOS, both on Smartphones and Tablets, and on computers.
Availability: WhatsApp+ is an unofficial application that can be obtained only on external platforms. While the original version is available on Google Play, App Store, Microsoft Store, App Gallery, among other official stores, as well as on third-party Marketplace and even on its own website.
Development: WhatsApp Plus is a MOD of the official app, therefore, it was developed from the WhatsApp source code. Which, in the face of many opinions, makes it a pirate or illegal application.
Risks of installing WhatsApp Plus
External applications such as WhatsApp Plus may carry certain risks or consequences, such as those described below:
- The official platform can block or ban the user’s account, preventing it from being used in the Meta app or in any other MOD temporarily or permanently.
- It is an application that, when downloaded from unofficial sites, can bring with it viruses or malicious files that could affect the operation of the cell phone.
- WhatsApp Plus can be easily hacked, so anyone with the necessary knowledge can obtain sensitive information for malicious purposes, for their own benefit.
- It is an unstable application, so it can disappear or stop receiving updates at any time. What could cause failures in its operation or cause the loss of important information.
- Being an insecure application, there is no guarantee that user information will not end up on external servers being manipulated by malicious people.
Aspects to take into account before installing WhatsApp Plus
Before proceeding to download WhatsApp Plus on the mobile, it is important to consider some important aspects regarding its operation. Among these are the following:
- WhatsApp Plus cannot be downloaded, installed, or updated from official sources, such as Google Play or the App Store. Therefore, each of these processes must be done manually.
- It is not an application that is compatible with the official app, so WhatsApp must be uninstalled before you can install WhatsApp Plus on your mobile.
- It does not allow you to store information on Google Drive, so local backup copies must be made if you want to keep important data.
- WhatsApp+ is not related to WhatsApp nor is it endorsed by Meta, therefore, the user must understand and accept the risks present in downloading WhatsApp Plus and installing or using this application.
- It is possible that the data stored in the app will be lost if you change the MOD or go back to the official version.
Advantages of WhatsApp Plus
WhatsApp+ offers various advantages or benefits to users, thanks to the extensive list of tools it has. Among these positive points it is possible to highlight the following:
- Alternate and useful functions such as programming messages.
- Turn off mobile data or Wi-Fi for the app only. You will be able to enjoy the Internet using other social networks.
More amount of emojis.
- Change of colors in the WhatsApp interface.
- Activate “Airplane mode” only for WhatsApp Plus.
- You will be able to observe the states of your contacts in incognito mode.
- Download the statuses of your contacts.
- Disable read receipts and decide who can see the double blue check.
- Use two accounts simultaneously.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp Plus
Despite being a great alternative for many users, there are negative points that must be considered in relation to WhatsApp +. These are the disadvantages that should be taken into account before and after downloading the app:
- The original version of WhatsApp can ban users who use this app.
- The phone number can be blocked by WhatsApp, therefore, you will not be able to create another account or register with that number.
- Personal information may be at risk from an unofficial app that violates the terms of service.
- The information that you share or receive from your contacts may also be compromised. Keep in mind that this app is developed by unofficial
- external people and everything you share through the app will be visible to these developers.
- Security is not guaranteed as encryption protocols and end-to-end encryption are disabled.
- The updates are sporadic and are not executed automatically, therefore, you will have to download the app again with the new updates it offers.
How to have two accounts on the same device with WhatsApp Plus?
If you want to have two WhatsApp accounts on the same device, using WhatsApp Plus, you need to download other WhatsApp MODs, such as GBWhatsApp or YOWhatsApp. Which are compatible with WhatsApp + and allow you to independently configure two different profiles on the cell phone to use them with different phone numbers.
What’s new in the latest version of WhatsApp+
With each update, new features or improved features are offered in WhatsApp Plus, such as those detailed below:
- It has a more modern and visually appealing call menu interface.
- Added a content search shortcut button within chats.
- It’s easier to send invite links to groups.
- It has the option “90 days” in the configuration of temporary messages.
- It has a freehand drawing option that allows you to share your own sketches or designs with other users.
- It offers the automatic translation function for received messages, which allows you to quickly translate any text in another language, without
- having to use external apps.
- It now has the DIY store, from which you can create your own themes and share or use them on WhatsApp+.
Alternatives to WhatsApp Plus
While WhatsApp Plus is the most widely used app today, after WhatsApp, there are a number of options that can be used instead. That is why the best known are mentioned below:
- FMWhatsApp: It can be used to easily replace WhatsApp Plus, as it has very similar privacy, personalization and security improvements.
- GBWhatsApp: it is possible to install this MOD on the same phone with WhatsApp, so it is an excellent option if you want to have two accounts on your phone. In terms of functions, it is very similar to WhatsApp Plus.
- JTWhatsApp: It is also called WhatsApp+ JiMODs. It incorporates a large number of WhatsApp Plus functions, however, they differ from each other with the number of themes and variety of designs that JTWhatsApp offers, which adapt to a specific type of audience.
- OGWhatsApp: it can be differentiated from WhatsApp+ in small details, although at a structural level they are very similar. Therefore, the user’s need will determine which one is best for use.
- Soula WhatsApp: is an application that focuses on privacy and security improvements, leaving aesthetics aside. It is also much lighter than WhatsApp Plus.
- WhatsApp Aero: also known as AeroWhatsApp. It differs from WhatsApp Plus due to its appearance and the more than 12 own designs that it offers its users.
- YMWhatsApp: it can be installed together with two other MODs on the same cell phone, so it is very useful to have up to three accounts on the mobile. In terms of functions, YMWhatsApp is similar to GBWhatsApp.
It is important to clarify that there are many other WhatsApp MODs, such as WhatsApp Blue, WhatsApp Plus Rosa, WhatsApp Gold, among others. However, the ones mentioned in the list above are considered the best options, given their regular updates and bug fixes.
Requirements when installing WhatsApp Plus
In order to install WhatsApp Plus, it is necessary to make sure that you meet the technical requirements that the application demands. Among these are:
- Android Operating System equal to or greater than version 4.4.
- Sufficient memory on the device to download and install the application, taking into account that it may require extra space after being installed to store the information.
- Uninstall the official version of WhatsApp.
- Enable unknown sources to access WhatsApp Plus installation package.
Whatsapp current status
Despite the recent legal problems that WhatsApp Plus has had, its developers say that the application is “stronger than ever.” Therefore, they explain that it is working without problems, with many more security and privacy functions, in a much faster interface.
As you have been able to detail, the process to download WhatsApp Plus apk is simple. Likewise, it has different advantages and disadvantages that must be taken into account to evaluate its performance.
|Last update||23 Jan 2023|