Why is there a trash can on the back of your mobile? Our cell phones are full of details, such as improvements to their cameras, more weight, a better grip structure, and even a strong operating system. But what is that particular icon?
It should be noted that the symbol has a similar meaning to the letters “CE”, which indicate that your cell phone has protection against any mishap in the European Union. In addition, it is also related to the fact that your computer contains several components that are harmful to the environment.
Only some devices have it on the back, specifically on the chassis. But sometimes there is usually no icon at all.
What does the trash can icon mean on your Android phone?
- According to the Nokia page, it is mentioned that this symbol of the crossed out garbage can is also known as a “wheelie bin” in English.
- Likewise, it refers to the fact that “the battery, information material or packaging” should not be thrown into common garbage cans.
- On the contrary, they must be taken to different collection points at the end of their useful life.
- The symbol also makes clear the mention that the product, in this case the cell phone, can be recycled.
- To do this, you must take into account which are the places or establishments where cell phone disposal is authorized.
What does the NFC button on your Android phone mean and what is it for?
- If you have wondered what the “NFC” button is for, then to make payments without contacts.
- This means that it can be used in a very similar way to Apple Pay, in which you must download an app to be able to use this function and thus
- make payments without having to have your physical card.
- Although this is only found in some countries, it is expected that little by little it will reach a presence in Latin America.
- On the other hand, with NFC you can also quickly synchronize some devices in your home simply by sliding your terminal over the gadgets.
- Likewise, NFC will also help you locate items that you can’t find at home and that have a tag.
- ID and even passport can also be carried within the NFC app. However, it is also disabled in several countries, as is the case with the vaccination card.